The Dawson County Historical Society maintains a research library and archive in our museum in Lexington. The library is open during our regular hours to all visitors. Our research and reference collection contains a wide array of historical books, photographs, and other records from Dawson County and the surrounding region.
- Family Reference Files
- Obituary Files
- Family Trees
- Cemetery & Burial Records
- Naturalization Records
Dawson County Records:
- Assessors Records (up to 1905)
- Criminal & Civil Court Records (up to late 1930s)
- Probate Records
- Dawson County & Regional Plat Maps
- Area Community Maps
- Nebraska Highway Travel Maps
- World Reference Collection
- We have over 8,000 historic photographs in our collection. They cover a very broad range of people, events, and places.
- We have archived collections from a wide range of sources, from schools to private businesses.
We are in the process of compiling a more comprehensive of our collections. Check back regularly to see updated records. For more information please contact the museum.
2012 marked the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Homestead Act. Due to this impressive landmark both the state of Nebraska and the Federal Government have made some of the homestead records available online. Click on the links below to access these records and learn a little bit about the past!
Bureau of Land Management/General Land Office Homestead Database
Nebraska State Historical Society, 1860-1954 Tract Books Index
Trace The Steps Of Your Military Veteran
Golden Arrow Research is a website where you can view examples of service records and operational reports scanned for past clients.
You can view those here:
Golden Arrow Research Website